There are different types and formats used when writing essays. However, a very common one is 5-paragraph essay. As its name states it is basically writing your essay using five paragraphs. These will be an introductory paragraph, three paragraphs presenting the content and the final paragraph concluding the essay.
1. The Introductory paragraph
Many fail to give this paragraph the attention it needs. Your essay will succeed if this paragraph is correctly written. It should include the thesis statement. A thesis statement is a sort of an outline, which tells the reader what the essay is about. This paragraph should be presented in a way that catches the interest of the reader. The use of an interesting quote or anecdote that supports the thesis statement. It must also powerfully transition to the first body paragraph of the paper.
2. The Body paragraphs
- The first body paragraph should be the strongest. It must contain the best argument, supported by the most significant example, illustration or an obvious stating point. The first sentence of the first paragraph should should connect to the to the transitional hook in the introductory paragraph. The topic for the first paragraph of the body should be reflected in the first or second sentence. This topic should be subsidiary to the thesis statement. Lastly. include a transitional bind into the second body paragraph.
- The second body paragraph represent the second strongest argument of your essay and be well supported with your second best example, second best illustration or an obvious follow up to connect to the first body paragraph. There should also be a transition between the first and the second body paragraphs. The topic should be in the first or second sentence and must relate to the thesis statement in the introductory paragraph. The last sentence in this paragraph should make the transition to the third paragraph.
- The third body paragraph is your last opportunity to present any further argument. It should therefore be carefully considered. Use the best of your remaining argument here, well supported with relevant examples. It can be an example following the second body paragraph. The first sentence of this paragraph should connect to the the second paragraph. Its topic should be in the first or second sentence. This topic must also relate to the thesis statement in the introductory paragraph. This paragraph should also inform the reader that this is the final major point being made. It must lead into the concluding paragraph.
3. The Concluding paragraph
This paragraph should include the following:
- a reference to the pattern of the introductory paragraph.
- a repeat of the thesis statement; though it should be stated in other words
- a brief summary of the body paragraphs.
- a final statement to wrap up the essay and brings it to an end. This final statement should be decisive and clear.
If at any time, you have difficulty writing such an essay you may place an order with us. Our expert writers will write one for you. It will be an original, non-plagiarized and custom written for you. If you need help with writing a 5 paragraph essay online – contact Writing-Expert.com.