Effect of effective security essay:
Information is regarded as a valuable commodity in any organization that is whether it is printed or written. To avoid threats and risks to the information is to manage this information by establishing an information security management system (ISMS). Information security involves activities which relate to the protection of information assets from threats that would lead to the loss, disclosure, misuse or damage of the information (Kimberley 2004). Information management system therefore refers to measures that would be employed by an organization so as to sensibly manage these risks.
- Risks to the information assets can be analyzed by the following issues;
- Risks to the organization’s assets; these are the events which are not wanted and thus could cause an accidental or deliberate loss, misuse or damage of assets.
- Vulnerabilities; how prone the asset is to attack.
- Impact; the magnitude of a likely loss.
- A security device, need to have the following characteristics so as to make people to use it widely; Continue reading Essay on Effective Security